Antiques and Antiquing... in and around Madoc
Antique lovers will find plenty of opportunity to indulge their passion while staying at the Spotted Dog B and B in Madoc, with many small antique dealers in the area. Estate auctions are also regular and popular events.
Here are some possibilities:
- The Madoc Tea Room: Mary Naylor runs this small but jam-packed antique room, right in the heart of Madoc - a pleasant walk from the B and B.
- Gaylord's: Just North of Tweed on the east side of Highway 37, with a good collection featuing beaultiful furniture and a wide array of antique clocks. Visit Gaylord's at the same time as the nearby Bridgewater multi-vendor market.
- Old Forge Antiques: About 10 minutes south of Madoc on Highway 62.
While at The Spotted Dog, let us help you plan your antiquing adventure. We have brochures for each of the above locations, plus you can use the following information resources:
- The "Country Roads North of Belleville" listing of seven unique "shoppes", all offering you something different at affordable prices - and none more than half an hour from our B and B.
- Auction listings in The Belleville Intellgencer (daily), The EMC (weekly), and The Community Press (weekly).
- A little further afield, there are 10 antique and collectible outlets North of Madoc extending up to the Bancroft area.
- The Wayback Times published by This is Livin' Publishing in Hastings, Ontario, provides province-wide listings of antique dealers, resources, events, and shows.
For more antique options in the Madoc area, check out the listings for "Points of Interest - Antiques" at ComfortCountry.ca.