Things to see and do in the area
- Ivanhoe Cheese Factory: a great spot to visit, gift shop open daily.
- Ontario Rural Routes maintains a listing of things to see and do in rural Ontario. Select "Ontario Highlands" from the list of tourist regions on the left, then select Madoc.
- Comfort Country website: this site tells about the immediate area and services.
- West Highland Golf Course is a 12-hole golf course (with additional holes in development) established in 2000. See also our "Golf" page.
- Bed & Breakfast Online Canada is the biggest and best listing service. Lists 14 B&B's in Belleville and area, including three in Madoc and two in Stirling. View our page at BB Canada here.
FOBBA is the Federation of Ontario Bed and Breakfast accomodation - of which the Spotted Dog is a proud member. You can visit our FOBBA web page here.
Countryhosts.com is the official web site of the Ontario Farm and Country Accommodations Association, with more than 60 farm and country families who open their homes to visitors from around the world.
Pet Friendly Canada is Canada's "ultimate online directory of pet-friendly vacation rentals, listing hotels, vacation rentals, cottages, cabins, bed & breakfasts, and other accommodations from across the country. View our pet-friendly page here.